Beachbody, a billion-dollar company and the leader of in-home fitness programs and nutritional products, is on the lookout for top-notch talent. We’re an equal-opportunity employer who offers competitive compensation and incredible incentive opportunities, not to mention a laid-back office filled with smart, friendly people and positive energy. We also provide free Shakeology, onsite gyms, flexible work hours, and cool product discounts. Are you ready to help us achieve our goal of helping people live healthier, more fulfilling lives? Read on.
Why is the Technology Team important to Beachbody?
Beachbody’s technology team is leading the way for new opportunities in the digital realm. They provide applications from consumer-facing e-commerce and high traffic CRM for our Coach network to data platforms and core enterprise applications which are at the heart of Beachbody's order processing and fulfillment engine.
What will you be doing at Beachbody as a Lead Engineer, Site Reliability:
- Design, build, or improve current systems that focus on scalability, availability, and efficiencies of Beachbody’s services and internal tools.
- Identify mission critical problems and solve via automation and design improvements.
- Build or improve monitoring and instrumentation to predict future scalability or latency risks and solve them before they ever manifest into customer facing issues.
- Develop best practices with development teams to improve scalability and reliability of Beachbody properties.
- Design and improve the developer platform and infrastructure so that reliability and availability become an even more natural part of our software development process.
- Automate common operational tasks.
- Assist NOC team in resolving production incidents when escalated.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Undertakes complex initiatives, providing technical guidance to the team.Has some responsibility for the work of others and for the allocation of resources.
- Mentors, researches, drives, directs, inspires others, expert level experience.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- A BS in Computer Science degree or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education.
- 8-10 years of disciplined software engineering experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems.
- Experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or a Software Engineer focused on infrastructure and/or operations or DevOps.
- Experience with the building blocks of large scale systems including load balancing, fault tolerance, containers, instrumentation, predictive monitoring, etc.
- Familiarity with commonly available services and tools (AWS, Docker, NoSQL, Splunk, Dynatrace, VMWare, etc).
- Strong passion for automation, testing and code quality.
- Experience building and interacting with APIs and integrations.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: Python, Node JS, Ruby, Bash scripting, Go.
- Maintain a positive can-do partnership attitude while working with teams, cross-functional teams and cross-functional business units
- Detail oriented, self-organized, and capable of simultaneously tracking multiple issues of varying complexity
- Communicate fluently, presenting complex information in a way that is easily understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.
To all recruitment agencies: Beachbody does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Beachbody employees, or any other company location. Beachbody is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.