Beachbody, a billion-dollar company and the leader of in-home fitness programs and nutritional products, is on the lookout for top-notch talent. We’re an equal-opportunity employer who offers competitive compensation and incredible incentive opportunities, not to mention a laid-back office filled with smart, friendly people and positive energy. We also provide free Shakeology, onsite gyms, flexible work hours, and cool product discounts. Are you ready to help us achieve our goal of helping people live healthier, more fulfilling lives? Read on.
Why is the Technology Team important to Beachbody?
Beachbody’s technology team is leading the way for new opportunities in the digital realm. They provide applications from consumer-facing e-commerce and high traffic CRM for our Coach network to data platforms and core enterprise applications which are at the heart of Beachbody's order processing and fulfillment engine.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be part of a team that is responsible for managing and maintaining our private cloud infrastructure consisting of 1,500+ Linux servers. This person will assist our efforts to leave manual, labor intensive processes behind and reach our goal of automation and managing infrastructure as code. The DevOps Engineer will be an integral part of the company wide efforts to establish DevOps best practices and develop repeatable automation.
What you will be doing at Beachbody as a Senior DevOps Engineer?
- Plan and execute the migration of all types of workloads to cloud providers such as AWS.
- Build and support Linux servers in enterprise environments.
- Deep understanding and experience with configuration management tools.
- Mastery of infrastructure as code, as it relates to Terraform and Troposphere with AWS.
- Familiarity with CI tools, GitHub, Docker, and container orchestration tools.
- Working closely with App Devs to build out CI/CD pipelines and workflows.
- Creatively solve new complex problems while trying to keep the solution simple.
- Script with languages such as Python or Ruby.
- Participate in on-call escalation chain as well as off-hour maintenances.
- Develop highly repeatable processes and have a desire to AUTOMATE EVERYTHING.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8-10 years of disciplined software engineering experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems.
- 3+ years of experience managing and maintaining large scale Linux environments.
- 2+ years working with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt Stack.
- 3+ years of experience managing and supporting systems in AWS or other cloud providers.
- 3+ years of experience using version control systems such as Git and Subversion.
- 2+ years of working with developers in an Agile methodology environment.
- 2+ years of experience managing and working with CI tools such as Jenkins, TravisCI, and GoCD.
- Strong experience using standard server software such as MySQL, Apache and Nginx.
- Maintain a positive can-do partnership attitude while working with teams, cross-functional teams and cross-functional business units.
- Detail oriented, self-organized, and capable of simultaneously tracking multiple issues of varying complexity.
- Communicate fluently, presenting complex information in a way that is easily understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Great team player!
The following is desirable:
- Experience working in virtualized server environments.
- Strong Google-Fu skillsets.
To all recruitment agencies: Beachbody does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Beachbody employees, or any other company location. Beachbody is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.